Saturday, May 9, 2009

Parells in Meditation

The trees are nervous.
They whisper woven worries,
Wild wind, pass us by...

"I'm a sputtering flame hissing in the rain. I'll disappear any moment. That's why I'm here."

Storms. Elemental child.

"If you don't fear fire, hold me tight. You'll be burned and extinguish my light."

Lightning. Find me on the mountain's peak. Find me tumbling in the crash of the surf.

"Pain mingled pleasure and a darker night."

High wind. I'll climb the tallest tree. Hang on tight, but keep one hand free. Try to fling me out, buck and swing, I'll laugh and scream, the joy is in the terror. A wild ride with ninety feet to reconsider and regret.

"A fox that runs wild
, snaps at your touch. Dreams, hopes, ambitions, delusions."

Deluge. Chase me in the tall grass. Barefoot at breakneck speed, rain streaming down my face and chest.

"Most of all wanting to be loved, wanting to be tamed."

Flash flood. Find me in the angry furry. I dive in. Pulled under, tossed like a leaf, smiling as I choke for air.

"To know the collar of ownership and dependence. Desperate to feel it circle my neck."

Life as a cigarette: Rip off the filter and smoke it fast.
The rules of the road: Drive faster, turn harder, no seat belts permitted.
Pavement surfing: somersault and slide. Rush back in line for another ride.

"Yet the terrible transformation. Another docile dog?"

I see you watching,
You think my words are for you?
Perhaps, in a way...

2 comments: